Wednesday 26 January 2011

Week One -Personal Work

Introduction

I have decided that I will be using various Tutorials for 3D Studio Max and working on them in my own time so that I can fully grasp and understand the Program to its fullest.

Viking Helmet

The first Project that I will be making is a Viking Helmet.
I firstly had to create a Sphere and then Cut it in half.
using the Scale Tool I made the top of the Helmet to be more of a Viking style. I added rims by using the Swiftloop Function and then Extruding the smaller sections that I had made.







I Coloured in the Helmet so it was more suitable to the Image, I also Branched out along the Rim to create a Spiky effect around the Viking Helmet. To Create the Spike I create a Spine which I then Connected to the small indents I created using the Extrude and Beval Tool, I then selected the Faces where I connected the Spine too and then Extrude along Spine Align. This made the Horns grow with the Spine which I created.

And here is the Finished Helmet. Later thoughout the course/Week when I am more familiar with the Material Tool I will be making the Viking Helmet look more Life like.


Battle Scene

The Second Tutorial which I have done is a Battle Scene. Most of the Backdrops were supplied but the animating and colouring was done by me.

This was the Image that was already set up for the Tutorial. I had to create a Camera and Place it behind the Cannon so that the Cannon and the Windmill can be seen in the perspective.










As you can see I have added Material to cover the Cannon to make it more life like and I have added a Tree, which I have taken the Leaves off to give the impression it has been in a war and a Stone has been made my squishing a Sphere down and used the Noise Modifier to create a more bumpy affect so the Stone is not too smooth.








I have also created a small animation which I created. It is of the same Image shown above but the Cannon is moving towards the Stone and the Cannon Rises up slightly aiming for the windmill.
The Animation lasts 7 Seconds long.

The Link for the Animation is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7AFh93Vpo
The Link for the Youtube Channel for Future Videos is: http://www.youtube.com/user/DoreAnimation

I will be regularly Adding all animations which I create onto this Youtube Channel and keep linking them to my Blog.

I shall be working hard at creating buildings for next Major Project, But also makign smaller common objects to make sure that I keep all the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment