Thursday 27 January 2011

Practicing 3D Studio Max - Glass Effect

Learning Log

I have recently been learning to use the Glass Effect on 3D Studio Max. a Bit more difficult then I thought, Its not just a simple case of grabbing a Material and chucking it on, there are more things that you are ablwe to do to help make the glass effect better.

Glass Bowl (Attempt)

This is my first attempt at the Glass Material. As you can tell people can assume that the bowl is made of glass, But it is not to a believable factor. I had to try to make it look more realistic.









As you can  see I decided to have a play around with the Lighting Tool as well. I thought maybe if I got the right lighting for the Glass it may look better. Personally I feel the Bowl does look better, But the rest of the Image looks a bit plain and I couldnt set an animation half in the dark.








As you can See I decided to change the Bowl colour to help reflect the light and also change the colour of the table to help show the full effect of the glass. I feel that it has worked very well. The bowl I have also changed to 2-Face so I can see through it, hence why the bottom of the bowl is a lot darker.








Overall I feel that I am (Slowly) getting the hang of the Glass Tool. I will be trying to Recreate more life like Window Glass soon, as In my Assignment there maybe a lot of windows, and maybe a few broken ones too if James Bond is anywhere near them.

1 comment:

  1. You really need to explain in more detail what you are doing, just 'chucking' on a material is not good enough, and does not state the process - remember this blog will be marked!

    ReplyDelete